Your Partner in Digital Transformation
This privacy statement is effective as of June10, 2018. Please note that this privacy statement will regularly be updated to reflect any changes in the way we handle your personal data or any changes in applicable laws. This page and its sub-pages tell you everything you need to know about how APM Digital Solutions, s.r.o. and/or its affiliates and newly acquired companies (“APM Digital Solutions”; “we”) protect the personal data we process and control relating to you (“your personal data”; “your data”) and which rights you have in relation to the processing of your personal data.
1. HOW DOES APM DIGITAL SOLUTIONS PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
APM Digital Solutions attaches great importance to your right to privacy and the protection of your personal data. We want you to feel secure that when you deal with APM Digital Solutions, your personal data are in good hands. APM Digital Solutions protects your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and our data privacy policies. In addition, APM Digital Solutions maintains the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access, or accidental or unlawful destruction of or damage thereto.
The following sections provide further details as to how APM Digital Solutions processes your personal data:
• Which categories of personal data do we collect and how do we process such personal data?
• For which purposes and on which legal basis do we use your personal data?
• Will we share your personal data with third parties?
• What about sensitive data?
• What about data security?
• Where will your personal data be processed?
• How long will your personal data be retained by us?
• Which rights do you have with respect to the processing of your personal data?
Which categories of personal data do we collect and how do we process such personal data?
You will therefore not be subject to adverse consequences if you do not wish to provide us with your personal data. However, please note that if you do not provide certain information, we may not be able to accomplish some or all of the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, and you may not be able to use certain tools and systems which require the use of such personal data.
If you provide us with personal data of another person (for instance, a potential employee/referral), you are responsible for ensuring that such person is made aware of the information contained in this privacy statement and that the person has given you his/her consent for sharing the information with APM Digital Solutions.
The above-mentioned categories of personal data have been obtained either directly from you (for example, when you provide information to sign up for a newsletter or register to comment on a forum website) or indirectly from certain third parties (for example, through our website’s technology). Such third parties include our affiliates, public authorities, public websites and social media, suppliers and vendors.
For which purposes and on which legal basis do we use your personal data?
APM Digital Solutions uses your personal data only where required for specific purposes. Where the above table states that we rely on our legitimate interests for a given purpose, we are of the opinion that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms, given (i) the transparency we provide on the processing activity, (ii) our privacy by design approach, (iii) our regular privacy reviews and (iv) the rights you have in relation to the processing activity. Please contact us if you wish to obtain further information on this balancing test approach.
We will process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above based on your prior consent, to the extent such consent is mandatory under applicable laws. We will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed, unless it is required or authorised by law, or it is in your own vital interest (e.g. in case of a medical emergency) to do so.
Will we share your personal data with third parties?
We may transfer personal data to our service providers, professional advisors, public and governmental authorities or third parties in connection with a (potential) corporate or commercial transaction. Such third parties may be located in other countries. Before we do so, we shall take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data will be given adequate protection as required by relevant data privacy laws and APM Digital Solutions's internal policies. Unless you are otherwise notified, any transfers of your personal data from within the European Economic Area (EEA) to third parties outside the EEA will be based on an adequacy decision or are governed by the standard contractual clauses (a copy of which can be obtained through the contact information included below). Any other non-EEA related transfers of your personal data, will take place in accordance with the appropriate international data transfer mechanisms and standards.
What about sensitive data?
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive data (also known as special categories) through this site or otherwise. In the limited cases where we do seek to collect such data, we will do this in accordance with data privacy law requirements and/or ask for your consent. The term "sensitive data" refers to the various categories of personal data identified by data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent from you. These categories include racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sexual life or orientation, or criminal convictions and offences (including information about suspected criminal activities).
What about data security?
We maintain organisational, physical and technical security arrangements for all the personal data we hold. We have protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures and guidance to maintain these arrangements taking into account the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake. We adopt market leading security measures to protect your personal data.
This includes (without being limitative):
• We have a Client Data Protection (“CDP”) program in place which governs the stewardship of client information and systems entrusted to us
• We have regular penetration testing performed by a third party provider, which continues to show the strength of our technical defenses
Regarding your use of our websites, you should understand that the open nature of the internet is such that information and personal data flows over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data are intended.
Where will your personal data be processed?
As an organisation with offices and operations in Europe, personal data we collect will be transferred or be accessible internationally throughout APM Digital Solutions's global business and between its entities and affiliates. Any such transfers throughout APM Digital Solutions’s global business take place in accordance with the applicable data privacy laws and in accordance with our Binding Corporate Rules (“BCR”). Our BCR reflect the standards contained in European data privacy laws (including the General Data Protection Regulation). Having our BCR means that all our group entities which have signed up to our BCR have to comply with the same internal rules. It also means that your rights (see “Which rights do you have with respect to the processing of your personal data?”) stay the same no matter where your data are processed by APM Digital Solutions.
How long will your personal data be retained by us?
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. We maintain specific records management and retention policies and procedures, so that personal data are deleted after a reasonable time according to the following retention criteria:
• We retain your data as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (in particular, if you have an account with us).
• We will only keep the data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide services to you.
• We retain your data for as long as needed in order to comply with our global legal and contractual obligations.
Which rights do you have with respect to the processing of your personal data?
You are entitled (in the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions, set out in applicable law) to:
• Request access to the personal data we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to obtain information on and a copy of that personal data.
• Request a rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to have your personal data be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. • Object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that APM Digital Europe no longer processes your personal data.
• Request the erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes.
• Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that APM Digital Solutions only processes your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent.
• Request portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) of personal data that you have provided to APM Digital Solutions, or request APM Digital Solutions to transmit such personal data to another data controller.
To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting APM Digital Solutions. Please note that this will not affect APM Digital Solutions’s right to process personal data obtained prior to the withdrawal of your consent, or its right to continue parts of the processing based on other legal bases than your consent.
If, despite our commitment and efforts to protect your personal data, you believe that your data privacy rights have been violated, we encourage and welcome individuals to come to APM Digital Solutions first to seek resolution of any complaint. You have the right at all times to register a complaint directly with the relevant supervisory authority or to make a claim against APM Digital Europe with a competent court (either in the country where you live, the country where you work or the country where you deem that data privacy law has been infringed).
Contact us to exercise any of your rights.
2. HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL DATA WHEN YOU VISIT APM DIGITAL EUROPE’S WEBSITE?
In addition to the information set out above, the following sections describe how we use personal data when you visit APM Digital Solutions’s website:
• Which personal data do we gather?
• Do we include (links to) websites and programs of third parties?
• How do we use personal data that we collect from our websites? Which personal data do we gather?
APM Digital Solutions collects personal data at its websites in two ways:
(1) directly (for example, when you provide personal data to sign up for a newsletter or register to comment on a forum website); and
(2) indirectly (for example, through our website's technology).
We may collect and process the following personal data:
• Personal data that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes registering to use the website, subscribing to services, newsletters and alerts, registering for a conference or requesting a white paper or further information. Pages that collect this type of personal data may provide further information as to why your personal data are needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to an APM Digital Solutions website.
• Our website collects personal data about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics.
• Details of your visits to our website, the pages you view and resources you access or download, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. Please see the Cookies section below for more information. Do we include (links to) websites and programs of third parties? Our websites may include:
• Links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
• To fulfill your requests for white papers, articles, newsletters or other content.
• For surveys or research questionnaires.
• To personalize your experience at our website.
• To contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this. We analyze your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our website, to help us identify ways to improve it and make it more effective. Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
4. HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
In addition to the information set out above, the following sections describe how we use personal data for marketing purposes:
• What are the sources of marketing data?
• Do we send targeted e-mails?
• Do we maintain Customer Relationship Management(CRM) databases?
• Do we combine and analyze personal data?
• Do we share personal data with third parties?
• What are your rights regarding marketing communications?
What are the sources of marketing data?
The bulk of the personal data we collect and use for marketing purposes relates to individual employees of our clients and other companies with which we have an existing business relationship. We may also obtain contact information from public sources, including content made public at social media websites, to make an initial contact with a relevant individual at a client or other company.
Do we send targeted e-mails?
We send commercial e-mail to individuals at our client or other companies with whom we want to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with applicable marketing laws. Our targeted e-mail messages typically include web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click. When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from APM Digital Solutions, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site. Targeted e-mails from APM Digital Europe may include additional data privacy information, as required by applicable laws.
Do we maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases?
Like most companies, APM Digital Solutions uses customer relationship management (CRM) database technology to manage and track our marketing efforts. Our CRM databases include personal data belonging to individuals at our client and other companies with whom we already have a business relationship or want to develop one. The personal data used for these purposes includes relevant business information, such as: contact data, publicly available information (e.g. board membership, published articles, press releases, your public posts on social media sites if relevant for business purpose), your responses to targeted e-mail (including web activity following links from our e-mails), website activity of registered users of our website, and other business information included by APM Digital Solutions professionals based on their personal interactions with you. If you wish to be excluded from our CRM databases, please contact us.
Do we combine and analyze personal data?
Do we share personal data with third parties?
In addition to the third parties mentioned in the section “Will we share your personal data with third parties?” above, we may share your personal data with marketing agencies.
What are your rights regarding marketing communications?
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data, or by utilizing opt-out mechanisms in e-mails we send to you. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you, or to have your personal data removed from our customer relationship management (CRM) databases at any time by contacting us. In such cases, we will retain minimum personal data to note that you opted out in order to avoid contacting you again. Alternatively, you may want to use this link to inform us about your opt-out preferences.
5. CONTACT US
Please contact us if:
• You have a general question about how APM Digital Solutions protects your personal data.
• You wish to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data rights (as set out in the sections “Which rights do you have with respect to the processing of your personal data?” and “Your rights regarding marketing communications”).
• You wish to make a complaint about APM Digital Solutions’s use of your data.